Monday, July 18, 2011

A Fantastic Experience

My experience at Summer Blast has been fantastic. Being able to help each child to grow academically and in Christ is a wonderful feeling. Everyday the kids keep me on my feet. They are always energetic and playful so there is rarely a boring time of the day. One of the things I really love about the kids is when they remember verses from the Bible and tell them perfectly. It really warms my heart when I see that, because that lets me know that God is working in their lives.

Even though it is wonderful working with the kids, it is also sometimes stressful. Sometimes the kids can get out of line and make a person want to pull their hair out. However, the stressful things they do still does not outweigh the joy of being there. Everyday I look forward to going to work and being part of the children’s lives.

Justin Ross
Youth Outreach Summer Intern
Justin will be a sophomore at UIC this fall.

No comments: